- Everyone is here with a point of view – and at the same time, with a common commitment to put the community’s interests first.
- Be open and listen actively to each other, even when you disagree – without judgment. All points of views should be respected.
- It is fine to disagree with ideas, but not personalize or question motives.
- Look for common ground.
- Share your own perspective or story rather than questioning someone else’s.
- Be conscious of body language and nonverbal responses – these too are a sign of respecting others, including those with whom you may disagree.
- Nobody should dominate the discussion. The views of everyone are equally important.