11:49 AM Jul 23, 2009
For the ENGAGE program, JCPA has partnered with DemocracyInAction (DIA), a non-profit e-advocacy firm. DIA offers a comprehensive supporter management system and internet tool through its SALSA patform. All ENGAGE communitites will have full access to a complete suite of SALSA tools.
Supporter Management | Interactive Web tools
Advocacy and Action Campaigns | Volunteer Management
Email Blasts | Events | Fundraising | Reports and Analytics
Import/Export Tool: Uploads can be used to either append information to a member record, or overwrite it. The system error-check uploads and flags bad records for manager correction. Organizations can download lists of member data in file formats compatible with external data management systems such as Excel.
- Real-Time Updates: Supporters can be updated in real-time, just as you would on an excel document.
- Automatic de-duplication: The Salsa database will automatically combine incoming duplicates with their existing supporter records, making it easy to keep your supporter list clean.
- Query Manager: An advanced list segmentation tool that allows dynamic queries of the supporter list based on virtually any field in your database. For instance, you'll use the query manager to select supporters who have taken more than 5 actions, who RSVPed to your latest event invitation or who haven't opened an email in months. All queries are saved and can be used for future email blasts or exports.
- Create and Manage groups: Segment your list by creating custom groups that you'll use to target email blasts, record event attendees, manage newsletter signups and more.
- Unlimited Custom Fields: The campaign manager will have access to over 100 customizable fields for each supporter, which can be dynamically configured, imported, and exported. These fields can be used to gather more information about your supporters specific to your organization's needs. For instance, you could create fields on supporter interest in specific topics like land pollution or anti-war demonstrations.
Interactive Web tools
- Sign-up pages and forms: Signup pages help get visitors to your website hooked in to your organization. You can get some preliminary info or create specialized sign up pages that automatically assign supporters to a specific group.
- Surveys and questionnaires: Gather supporter information through surveys and questionnaires which can be included in email blasts, advocacy campaigns or content pages.
- Tell-a friend pages: Tell-a-friend pages are a great way to create viral buzz for your campaigns or organization's activities. This will allow your supporters to email their friends and family with a blurb about what they've been up to on your website, whether it's taking action or donating.
- Content pages: You can create standard content pages that incorporate your own website template. These pages are useful for posting job ads, press releases, updates about your organization, etc.
- Postcards: Create fun or compelling e-postcards that your supporters can email to their friends.
Advocacy and Action Campaigns
- Action creation & management: You can create and launch actions using tools that require no technical skills. The system has an easy-to-use format that allows campaign managers to control and update the content of action pages and get detailed reports on actions taken.
- Graphics integration: Templates uploaded from your website allow you to create action pages that have the look and feel of your existing site.
- Letter customization: Organizations can choose to allow users to create their own subject lines and edit the alert message for increased effectiveness.
- Custom recipients and targeting: Organizations can select any legislative targets at the state and federal level to receive alerts, including individual senators and representatives. The system also allows you to add custom targets, such as a foreign official.
- District matching: Activists are automatically matched by state and federal legislative district to targeted officials. New activists simply enter their address and zip code in order to be matched with their elected officials.
- Petition option: You can create an action in petition format, so that as supporters sign the petition you are able to export it, print it, and deliver it to the intended recipient.
- Customizable thank-you pages: You can specify which content appears on the "thank-you" page to optimize your message.
Volunteers can be added directly into the database en masse through imports, or one-by-one. Roles, such as Manager, General Volunteer, Mentor and Captain, can be specified for each volunteer. Sign up pages can be made specifically for volunteers to gather interested supporters from your website.
- List segmentation and member targeting: Organizations can segment lists by a variety of fields including, name, state, and congressional district. Custom fields can easily be created for your organization's specific needs that you can use to target blasts to specific segments of your list.
- Groups: Organize your supporters into unlimited different groups for different email alerts. Manage your groups with a simple folder interface, and add supporters to multiple groups with simple one-click actions.
- Personalized messaging: Organizations can customize messages for recipients with the dynamic insertion of various types of supporter data such as name and donation amount. Email subject lines can contain personalized greeting using member information; messages can contain custom content based on the values of fields in the database.
- HTML emails: Organizations can create and launch HTML newsletters and alerts using multipart MIME messages; it will display HTML to those who can view HTML, and text to those who can only see text. The system also has a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface for the easy creation of HTML emails.
- Click-through tracking: All URLs in a message are available for click-through tracking.
- Message Open Rates: For HTML messages, we can track and report on who did and did not open the email messages.
- Scheduling: Managers can prepare messages in advance and specify the time they want a specific campaign to be launched.
The event tool allows two useful ways to connect to your supporters; local, one-time events and distributed events.
For local events, your organization can create an events page with a maximum attendees count, custom sign-up fields and, if desired, event fees. You'll also be able to create auto-responses to automatically remind those who RSVP.
For distributed events, your supporters meet up locally by hosting their own events in their home towns. These supporters can enter event details, including how many people they wish to attend and many other options. Potential attendees can then search for events in their state or near their Zip code, and sign up. The host is able to look at who's coming and email them directly. There are also features to track event attendance, donations at the event, associated information for the event such as talking points, and more.
- Donation pages use your web template so that the pages match your website
- Create custom email triggers so that donors get thank-you emails sent automatically and so that you are notified when people donate
- Create multiple donation pages for different fundraising campaigns and “tag” each page to track how each campaign is faring
- Query donation data for future targeting efforts
- As with supporter information, donation information can be downloaded at any time
- You can set donation pages to allow recurring donations
- To use JAVA fundraising options, individual organizations will need to provide their own merchant gateway and merchant account.
Reports and Analytics
In just a few clicks, you can build reports on everything from supporters to donations to web pages, and then either display your results to the screen, or export them to a file for further, off-line investigation.
The Report Builder comes with the existing reports that are pre-built into your account--they cover a lot of ground, and may meet most of your immediate needs. You are also able to build your own custom reports based on your organization's exact needs.
Add a comment